Thursday, February 27, 2020

[Books] Horus Heresy: Scars

I've been wanting to write about this book since it came out. But I didn't get the chance. But then again I didn't write just ride on the trend of things.

No way, I write to remember. And I like to write what I like, or what I want.

So here it is. I know that before this I kinda give up on writing about Horus Heresy novel series because, well, it was kinda getting sucky as the next new novel came out.

Too much short stories. Too much anthologies. Too much random stories that just, only God-Emperor knows whether or not its related to the Horus Heresy, at all.

And then, this book came out. I gotta say, it was friggin' good. I was immensely surprised. It was supposed to be the 28th installment of the Horus Heresy, but I don't care about that. I don't really count the 'anthology' novels as part of the series.

The book is about the White Scar legion. And yes, Jaghatai Khan, primarch of White Scar, is also in it. Although the novel doesn't really get into the details of Khan, but it does sufficiently portray him.

Elusive, aloof, can't sit still. That sort of things. But don't worry. Accompanying the Khan, is his zadyin arga. Weather-maker, stormseer, or more famously known throughout the Imperium, a Librarian. Not famously? Psyker.

His name is Targutai Yesugei. He's the reason why I liked the novel so much. Most of other Space Marines who are close to their primarch, are too.. How should I put it politely... Intense.

Fanatical, devoted. Some call their primarch a father. Others just.. Hmm.. Weird. Like Lion and Luther. But not Yesugei. His relationship with the Khan is evidently a platonic male friends, if not between lord and servant.

They have known each other for quite some times, rides and hunt and chopping heads together on the plains of Chogoris. Even more unique, is the fact that Yesugei is a psyker.

And Khan knows this. And he accept it as it is. While Yesugei accept that the Khan is not mere mortal. Very rare a primarch have a psyker as close advisor, other than Magnus the Red. But then again his Legion is choked full of psykers.

The whole novel is practically about the Khan wanted to see Yesugei for advice, and Yesugei wanted to see the Khan because he had bad dreams. And the universe tried to stop them from meeting.

Its quite an adventure, really. Khan have to destroy a fleet and beat up one of his brother, and Yesugei had to err.. Fight a daemon.

I suppose, where there is a will, there is a way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 - ; Blissful Life. All Right Reserved.
This site is best viewed with 1024x768 resolution using Chrome