Friday, July 4, 2014

[Tutorial] DiGi Internet/MMS setting

Probably the most famous mobile communication service provider in Malaysia. Their advertisements are everywhere, and they have a very appealing mascot. Its a dancing fat guy in a yellow tight suit. But being famous doesn't necessarily meant most subscribed. DiGi Telecommunications Sdn. Bhd. is considered to be one of the three major competing telecommunication service providers in Malaysia, others being Maxis and Celcom.

Though, their services were notoriously unreliable. I remembered when I first subscribed to a DiGi postpaid plan, and the staff at one of the service center told me that my number will be activated within 10 minutes, or an hour, give or take another couple of hours. It ended up after 2 days, and my line had yet activated. At that time I was using Celcom prepaid, and I still had some credit to spare, so I didn't mind much. But when I go the service center again, there was another staff, who quickly apologized and activated my line right then right there. Now that, completely annoyed me. Why, the fucking hell didn't the other staff just did that, 2 days earlier?? I hope that fucker got hit by a truck and died a horrible death.
Forgive me for my outburst. I shouldn't have remembered that, it was all in the past anyway. But yes, in term of marketing, they are quite successful. Practically everyone in Malaysia by now would have recognized their dancing yellow fat guy mascot and their tagline, 'DiGi's Widest Coverage. Always with You.' accompanied by the 'I Will Follow You' song.

Ironically..  


This is their coverage map for 2G EDGE and GPRS. What about 3G or 4G LTE, you asked? Well.. 

Anyway, if you are using DiGi.. though I must ask you to reconsider, no? Ok then.. well here is the setting for DiGi Internet and MMS.

DiGi Internet
Name : DiGi Internet
APN: diginet
MCC: 502
MNC: 16
APN Type: default
(Others, blank)

DIGI MMS
APN: digimms
username: mms
password: mms
Proxy: 203.092.128.160
Port: 80
MMSC: http://mms.digi.com.my/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: 203.092.128.160
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 502
MNC: 16
APN Type: mms


*The rest of the field is blank.

What was it? How to increase internet speed for DiGi? Hahaha you're funny. Fiddle with the proxy address and port address all you want, you're lucky if you even got within their coverage area.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 - ; Blissful Life. All Right Reserved.
This site is best viewed with 1024x768 resolution using Chrome